Weird But True

Monday, October 08, 2007

So - what IS it........

I went to the doc. on Friday - and I'm really encouraged by what he tells me!

He says that the odd of any further food allergies showing are slim to none - and that we will deal with any of those AFTER we take care of what IS going on.

He says that I have an auto sensitization reaction resulting from a contact dermatitis that was never fully removed/resolved back in April of this year. Ever since April I can't remember one time that I did not have some type of itchy scratchy patch SOME where on me - whether it be my head, ears, neck, hands, leg etc.

Apparently what happens is this response becomes part of the protein structure of the cells itself. And since my body has been fighting this unsuccessfully on it's own for so long - even teenie tiny allergens will trigger a full blown response - aka pollen, artificial sweetener, dairy etc.

I don't have a lot of these things on a daily basis normally - so under normal sit. my body will eventually be able to tolerate most of this again. I won't have to read EVERY box label to look for butter fat, non fat milk powder etc.

Will I be having a double scoop of death by chocolate ice cream topped with whipped cream and reese peanut butter cups anytime soon - no.

Should I continue to live as I am for right now - mostly.

I can stop tracking every single ounce and play purchased that goes into my mouth. He says I can feel free to eat out and have a glass of wine now - without fear that my chicken was grilled in butter - or that a mushroom touched my broccoli.

He put me back on oral steroids to help my body deal with the last of this nonsense. I go back in 10 days. Assuming that things go as he thinks they will - then we can start work on rebuilding my tolerance. If it's not COMPLETELY gone - then I continue as I am until it is - then I work on rebuilding.

So I'm not changing anything for 10 days - or until October 15. I'm still going to eat my own food. I'm avoiding packaged foods, new veggies, and known triggers. I'm staying away from cats/dogs/etc. Every morning I wake up looking better and better - so why risk it now? Better safe than sorry.

What I WILL do is stop recording every minute detail of my life. And I will indulge in just one glass of wine in a few more days - once I am closer to the 15th and looking better.

And I hope to wear a bra or SHAVE in the next couple of days - LOL! Such simple pleasures!!!!!

But overall - it looks like the end is in sight - HORRAY!!!!!!

3 Comments:

  • Hey Michelle, its been a while! I was thinking about ex-Body Bloggers and thought I would come by and see how you are. It sounds like you are going through the roof with these skin problems. I totally sympathise - been there myself over the past few years. Has your Doc talked about the possibility of candida and leaky gut syndrome? Makes you allergic to a whole range of things! Might be worth googling it and seeing if yuor symptoms fit? Hope you feel better soon. Emma. xx

    By Blogger AussieGirl, at 5:12 AM  

  • Sounds promising Michelle! Fingers crossed for you that the steroids kick in and you are back to your old self in no time.

    Bet you are looking forward to that glass of wine!!

    Hilary xx

    By Blogger Miss Positive, at 5:54 PM  

  • Fantastic news Michelle. Looks like you will be able to get on and enjoy life a bit more now.

    Love Kerry

    By Blogger Kerry, at 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home