Weird But True

Monday, September 17, 2007

Day of discoveries.....

As a result of the Summer of rashes - my Dr. took some blood samples and ran a full spectrum allergy screening to see what was at the "root" of all my trouble.

Environmental, airborne, food, you name it - they tested.

Control what you can after all:)

We've determined on our own that artificial sweeteners are troublesome. So no "fake" sweetness for two weeks now - and I'm feeling GREAT! On top of the world! Even when I am so sore I can barely type - or so cold I look twice my size due to the number of layers on me - for the love of GAWD - give me some HEAT - I still actually feel really good - "head wise". Clean, focused, no tummy troubles - it's nice.

I also took it upon myself to eliminate dairy, wheat and nuts while waiting for the results - to recreate the picture prep "two weeks". Figured couldn't hurt.

My tests are in! Came back through the roof for cat - I knew this - followed by a NEAR TIE with dog! Oh dear - I love my puppies! *sigh* Guess no more pets for me. Bummers.

3rd - again not far below cats - was ragweed and household dust. these two scored essentially equal. I knew these triggers too.

4th on the list - DAIRY! I had NO idea! I asked for clarification - should I cut back or avoid completely........her EXACT words - "Better start reading labels. Avoid milk and all by products is my recommendation. No butter, cream, pudding, yogurt, ice cream, cottage cheese, hard cheese - you name it - best avoid it."

So no more whey protein! And bye bye cottage cheese - FOREVER! I haven't had ice cream in two years - so no biggie - but - but - no cottage cheese?!

And there were some other triggers - but they were all in the moderate range. One was a type of tree that grows right outside my bedroom window here at Heaven - FABULOUS! So when it's pollinating - a/c for me:)

Another discovery today - swordfish - I'm enjoying my first piece of steak right now and let me tell you........

MMmmmmmmmmmmmm - this is one GOOD discovery for today!!!!!

1 Comments:

  • Oh crap - no more cottage cheese??? Cutting out all dairy (and whey protein) will be tough, but consider the positives - no more rashes and allergies.

    And maybe you could get a fish or something... no more pooches is the saddest one of all. :(

    Hilary xx

    PS cutting out artificial sweeteners has really helped me - thanks!

    By Blogger Miss Positive, at 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home