Weird But True

Monday, November 19, 2007

Another Monday.....

Another allergist update. So the new treatment is going well - all be it time consuming. Back to no less than 2 showers per day. Currently on 3 types of pills and one cream. But - the rash is subdued and this is the best my skin has looked in months - although it is definitely guarded optimism on my part here. One day at a time. I won't consider myself "normal" until I am no longer forced to alter my decision based on when I have to take my next shower and next set of pills.

But the good news is I am cleared for a haircut on Monday November 26 - thank GAWD!!!! Because I am so overdue I should be ready for my second haircut by now. Ick!

And I've been cleared for mild soaps and detergents again - phew. I don't go back to teh allergist for two weeks - so just tech haircut next Monday. He hopes by then that the rash will be gone completely and we can once again start talking about rebuilding my tolerance.

But I've heard this before.

Thanksgiving has been canceled this year - at least in this family. Gma completely understands and told me to get some sleep and enjoy a day without 16 appointments. dad keeps trying to figure out how to get me to spend the day with him. I know he means well - but I need/want some quality sofa time. And since they both have pets I can't go to their houses for any extended length of time - and since it's a Holiday there is no way to guarantee my meal won't be soaked in something I'm allergic to. And the idea of cooking and entertaining people right now is just to draining to consider. So decision made.

I've almost figured out this MP3 thing. Figured it out enough last week to get in 4 playlists for last week's training sessions - the only pleasure they haven't taken away yet:) Working on creating some new playlists right now and about to transfer them over. Wish me luck!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home