Weird But True

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Disgusting!.....

Disgusting!! That was the thought that crept, no wait was FORCED, in to my head this morning while I was enjoying my power walk. I had all my gadgets - monitor, mp3, book, I was a happy, puffing, little camper. Then it started..."Hack!Hack!Cough!Choke!Spit!Sniff!Gag!" - what the?.....This display was making it's way through my earbuds, focus, and inner pleasure. Where the heck is that coming from? I look up - Waaayyyyy at the other end of the cardio room some man is apparently dying on a stepper. And this continues for the next 30 minutes! AND I witnessed a "fit" where apparently the obstruction was hacked on to the display of the stepper - only to be smeared away by this man's sweaty arm! And of course he did not wipe off the machine when he was done.
Vomit

So since my mind was on disgusting things - I thought of Jodie and her trip to the States. I had asked her if she encoutered the "Deep Fried Oreo" - a State Fair "delicacy"! Some folks did not believe such things exist! Sadly, it is true! The deep Fried Oreo is a favorite for some, along with Deep Fried Snickers, Deep Fried Twinkies, even Ho Ho's! Here is a picture of the infamous Oreo. When I searched for a pic to post - you know I would not have one - I was surprised just how many folks are addicted to these things! There are even blogs about them!

I was trying to find the nutritional data on this disaster for you - but not surprisingly - it proved to be a bit of a challenge. Though there are plenty of recipes for them.
Here's one link I'd like to post:
http://kids.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/32/Deep_Fried_Oreos44318.shtml
Please notice when you click on this link that it's for a KID FRIENDLY RECIPE WEBSITE! Why on earth would anyone feed this to their child - let alone teach them how to make it!!!!!

But I refuse to leave on an unhappy note - so all this thinking of Jodie reminds me that I've been meaning to tell her about the new tunes I'm currently rockin' too. So Far by Buckcherry! In fact most of the disc is simply AWESOME for cardio - at least to me:) Crazy Bi**h, Broken Glass, Brooklyn, Out of Line..... I'm lovin' this disc!!

What are you guys rockin' too? I'm alway looking for new tunes!!!!

Until later.....
Body Builder

4 Comments:

  • Hey Michelle, Shane from Bodyblog here. It stinks that Bodyblog seems to be dying a slow and painful death but I seem to be finding most of the bloggers that were there here on blogger. Added you to my list so I could keep track of your progress!

    take care!

    shane

    By Blogger Shane Leighton Photography, at 11:37 AM  

  • Ewwww Michelle that is gross! At my last gym there was a woman there who constantly REEKED of garlic, I mean if she got on the treadmill beside me I would walk out... so gross.

    Speaking of gross, those deep fried oreos look kind of gross too. Have you tried one of these?

    My playlist now - I've got some oldies - Bomfunk MC's, some Queens of the Stone Age, System of a Down, Prodigy, Chemical Brothers... a strange sort of mix I know!!

    By Blogger Miss Positive, at 6:45 AM  

  • Michelle - kid friendly deep fried oreos should be considered a form of child abuse. Thats terrible.

    Will be checking out those tunes for my i-pod too. Tar!!

    By Blogger jodie, at 7:00 AM  

  • Hey Shane - thanks for checking up on me!! It's always good to here from an old friend!

    Hilary - are you kidding me? Would I really waste precious calories on that nastiness? YUCK:) Thanks for the tune ideas - I'm always open to suggestions!

    Jodi - Tell me about it - and they wonder why childhood obesity is on the rise! Hmmmm - let me think on this.....

    It's Ridiculous!

    By Blogger Michelle, at 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home