Weird But True

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

If you don't know their middle name....

they can't ruin your day. This was something I learned a long time ago when I was bartending.

"If you don't know their middle name - they can't ruin your day". The logic here is that anyone close enough to have a lasting effect on your mood/stress level for the day - you would know their middle name - anyone else - they just shouldn't leave a lasting impression on you.

I was reminded of this numerous times today.

Here I am still flying high on my jean incident from yesterdaySmileSure it was cool, grey, and rainy. Sure it was Tuesday and to me that's Monday since my "work" week is Tuesday through Saturday, but I was still a happy little camper.

And all day long, "patients" just screaming over the simplest things. Reeeaaally - screaming - is that ever necessary in a place of business? No. Hysterics over things like a lost screw? Not needed. Storming out and trying to slam doors - that are on hydraulics - so you can't really slam them - all because you're insurance won't cover something......

C'mon - let's act our age.

So I thought I would share my little motto ... "If you don't know their middle name - they can't ruin your day".
Just a reminder - to keep it all in perspective. Know who matters in your life - ignore the rest.

Until tomorrow......

“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
Ashley Smith


4 Comments:

  • Loved your post - can really relate to your previous post and the jeans though.
    I had to have a bit of a giggle at the girls comments.
    As you all know I will be 50 this year and I still have a little pair of demin shorts that I test myself with that I used to wear when I was 18 (they were my favourites and I could just never throw them out). I have always been able to fit into them - you know breath in deep, zip up fast and only leave them on while gardening because the nearly split me in two but hey the logic was that I could still get into them. Of course when I was 18 they were very loose - I must go and try them on and see how they are fitting. They better be falling off by the 15th July :)
    Live with Passion
    kimmy

    By Blogger Kimmy, at 10:50 PM  

  • Michelle, I can relate to this post :))) And it's a good one. To those people we say - WHATEVA!

    Kimmy, you will be able to get those shorts up I bet.

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 11:50 PM  

  • Love the logic Michelle!! Good one.

    Jodie

    By Blogger jodie, at 4:10 AM  

  • Bugger, I knwo everyone's middle name at work 'cause I do the payroll. Any way I love them all.

    By Blogger Kerry, at 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home