Weird But True

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Remember Yank?

I've only just now been up for 4 hours and I have already had such a GREAT day!!!

For those that know, Yank is the man at my gym who lost OVER 190lbs, and was helping train others to run/walk in an upcoming Marathon.

This past Saturday was Yank's 5K - The Swamp Rat Run. I was thinking of him ALL DAY Saturday. I wanted so badly to be there and be a part of his cheer squad - but I had to work in the Arctic. It was incredibly hot and steamy Saturday, 88F, high humidty, high pollen count - not a day to be running in a marathon - never mind one around a polluted lake Sickened

I've been hoping to bump into him at the gym - I hadn't seen him since the day before. I was dying to know how he did.

He finished in 45:17!!!!! He shaved 17 minutes off of his previous time from 2 years ago!!

While this is GREAT news - it gets better.

I LOVE the Gauntlet - I do HIIT on this beast. It's like walking up a down escalator. A true stairmill. Yank sees me torture myself on this a couple of times a week. Few others even use this machine - you either love it or hate it - it's nasty!

Today he asked me if I would show him how to use it!Shock 2

I showed him - 10 minutes. I stood there and talked to him the whole time. HE DID GREAT!!!!! While we chatted I learned that he has now officially lost 198lbs! AND that he started training/dieting 4 years ago - on his 50th birthday!!!

This man has achieved this TOTAL LIFESTYLE CHANGE at the age of 54!! He's now healthier and more energetic than ever before in his life!!! He has lost 1 and 3/4 Michelle's!!

And I got to share yet another personal best moment with him today!!! THANK YOU YANK!!!!

I'm Proud Of You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home