Weird But True

Saturday, June 17, 2006

How many layers....




VS.

This is what it's like where I work right now. The Heat Miser vs The Snow Miser wage the battle over the a/c!!!

I readily admit that I like it warmer than most - I don't even think it's warm out until it's in the mid 80's F. You won't see me wearing shorts until it's at least 85F. I realize most folks in my area do not agree - so I make concessions to those around me. I wear sweaters to work year round - wool in the winter, cotton in the summer. I know if I'm visiting a friend's house I will need a hoodie with me - just in case. I'm O.K. with this. I am the Heat Miser! - (plus my hair resembles his if I just let it air dry!)

I work with 2 Snow Misers. They have the a/c running even when it's only 65F outside. They cool the indoor air down to 67F - which in the summer means that the a/c is running ALL THE TIME! Cool, damp, a/c air blasting 40+ hours a week. They wear short sleeves and pull at their collars complaining about how "stuffy" and "warm" it is in the office.

In between the 2 zones are the rest of the staff - 10 innocents who laugh at me for carrying a hoodie where ever I go year round. Yet even they are begging the Snow Misers for some relief. There is none to be seen.

So I am about to go get dressed and ready for work. Here is the list of items I will be wearing today:

thong, boy shorts, dress pants, 2 pairs of dress socks, belt, bra, tank top, l/s sleeve cotton blend sweater and my lab coat.

By lunch I will be chilly. By the end of my 8 hour shift my nose will be cold to the touch, and toes getting cold, and my hands will feel cool to others.

So much to look forward to......

“The key to success is often the ability to adapt”

Author Unknown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home