Weird But True

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

THEY'RE HERE!!!!!!!

Not aliens....not Poltergeist..the recipes!!!!!

They are BEYOND cool!!!! I must take and post a picture when I have more time - this weekend perhaps. Yellowed - brittle - in composition books that must be from the 50's from the Western pictures on the front. Some just little scraps - some are newspaper clippings....

Some are labeled "Economy" must have been when money was tight. The fruitcake says "should weigh exactly 6lbs. when done proper - cost $4." The date loaf says "22 dates picked from Perry's tree" - as if the dates on this tree are the only ones that will work. "Eddie's favorite chocolate cake", "Marvin's favorite Peanut butter cookies", "Hot cross buns for Holidays" - this stuff is truly priceless!!!

I immediately wanted to call my Dad and tell him - but that would ruin the surprise on his Birthday - so I have to keep a secret. Luckily I can vent on the Internet - he uses a computer but he's not even close to blogging. I'm certain I'm safe. He can't even do a search on ebay yet - which may be for the best - LOL!

Somebody better call Noah - it's still pouring out here!!! At least it's warm and rainy - not good for my hair - but it smells nice - and forces me to "catch up" on the indoor stuff.

Which reminds me.....tomorrow is cardio only then Thursday I'm set to lift again...

I'm off to rework my program!

Until next time - here's an interesting study.........

The sun's rays could be addictive, according to a study in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. Researchers gave 16 frequent and infrequent tanners either a placebo or naltrexone, a drug used to treat heroin addicts by blocking the effects of endorphins (brain chemicals that cause their high). They then had subjects bake in both tanning beds that used ultraviolet rays (the kind emitted by the sun) and those that didn't. After taking naltrexone, frequent tanners were less likely to say they preferred the UV beds. Half also reported nausea and other withdrawal symptoms, leading researchers to conclude that they were addicted to the endorphins produced by tanning.

1 Comments:

  • The old recipes are always the best. I hope you are going to share some of the things that have universal ingredients.
    Enjoy.

    By Blogger Kerry, at 6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home