Weird But True

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Careful what you wish for.......

Well I asked for DOMS - and I've got it - BIG TIME!

Thursday I went to the Dr. and he "drained" the infection site and put it in a splint - Wunderful - LOL! His thinking is that with a "straight" path it will drain out that much faster. Hmmmm - we'll see about that. Certainly can't hurt.

Anyway - more antibiotics. I'll be on them 25 days total - unless he "renews" my script - them who KNOWS. The thumb is still getting better day by day - and I'm typing faster today - THANK GOD! Hopefully life will be "normal" very soon.

I sense some yogurt in my future when I'm done.

But back to my DOMS........ Last night was legs. And the thumb/grip is well enough for me to challenge these puppies - and grunt and sweat I did.

Topped off with some cardio - not my usual choice but I have SO much energy these days, from not lifting no doubt, that I had to try and calm myself down before heading home for showering/eating/etc.

And this morning I am ACCUTELY aware of each and every muscle in my legs - right up to dead center glute! And it's only 14 hours post training - NOICE!!!!!!

So now I'm off for a power walk - before the afternoon's full on DOMS sets in........

I'll let you know how I feel tonight!

1 Comments:

  • Hi Michelle
    I'm sorry I have been unable to contact you in realtion to my post. My computer and hadto be re-imaged, thus I've lost all my email addresses as well as my new program update and forum passwords. (Luckily I printed out my program update before it died)I am feeling much better at the moment and I went for a run this morning, I'll do a step class tonight. Feeling on top of things for the moment. Thank you for all your support and advice for the last 8 weeks. I'll definately still be around.

    I hope your thumb return to normal ASAP, though those DOMS sound as if they my be giving you something else to think about at the moment.

    Best wishes
    Kelly
    Kelly

    By Blogger Kelly, at 11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home