Weird But True

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Not the day I had planned on......

Today I had planned on helping my Dad in his workshop. He does some GREAT custom woodworking, and he has a lot of big orders right now - so I try to help where I can.

He then "pays" me with dinner afterwards - sweet!

I woke up this morning to discover that my left thumb was much larger than my right. And red....and hot to the touch.....
Upon closer inspection I noticed a red "line" leading from the tip of my thumb past my wrist to nearly my elbow.

Hmm - this can NOT be good.....

But it's a Holiday weekend - Sunday at that! I don't know if this qualifies as an "emergency". So I try to go about my business....nope - this needs attention, I can't even hold a toothbrush in this hand!

I work in retail optics - I adjust/repair glasses - amongst other thinsg - at my "real" job. I have to tighten screws all day. Sometimes the screwdriver will slip off the head of the screw while you are attempting to tighten them. Sometimes it draws blood. It's back to school - I've been working - a lot! I was stuck a few times this week - always washed and covered.....but apparently the one on my thumb is a "gift that keeps on giving".

What I thought was one of many burns yesterday is an infected thumb. And if I had waited until Tuesday for medical attention, I was told, I would be in the Hospital! With full on blood poisioning!

But luckily I went in today and got a big shot in my bootie! And lots more drugs for the next 2 weeks! And I have to go back Tuesday.

So no lifting todaySmileyCentral.comAnd if it doesn't improve overnight - no lifting tomorrow either!!!

So I sit and type one handed - with the left elevated - and hope these drugs start working.

3 Comments:

  • Ooh - not nice! Hope everything heals up ASAP Michelle.

    cheers,
    Cate

    By Blogger Cat, at 7:42 PM  

  • How sad! Your poor thumb! Your Dad sounds lovely, do you have any furniture made by him?

    I hope you get better soon.

    Kelly

    By Blogger Kelly, at 6:30 AM  

  • Hi Michelle
    I hope you are feeling better. Hope the shot in the butt didn't hurt too much.
    Thinking of you
    Jodie
    xx

    By Blogger jodie, at 6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home