Weird But True

Monday, August 14, 2006

Hey Mikey.....

He liked it!!! LOL - do you guys even know what I am talking about? The old '70's LIFE cereal commercials? If not - never mind - just file it under "crazy Michelle" and move on.

Dad LOVED his date roll!!!! You can't really wrap such a creation - after it's made you roll it in a damp dishtowel - then 2 rolls of newspapers and store it in the fridge.

So I took the newspaper "tube" and wrapped it a plastic grocery store bag. Tied a bunch of ribbons around it and gave it to him as his first present. He was concerned that it was cold to the touch - and wondering why it was damp. I kept asking "know what it is........know what it is......." as he carefully peeled back each layer.

Once he got to the dishtowel - I said " you MUST know by now....." and he said " the only thing that comes to mind is a date roll" I started BEAMING with pride! I said "not just ANY date roll - your MOTHER'S date ROLL!!! From the recipe written BY HAND in her hand writing in a brown composition notebook that is barely holding together".

He looked at it - declared it "beautiful". He tasted it. Said it was as good as he remembered. He also said that the last time he had one was 1964 -the first year he was in the military and returned home at Christmas time. That was the last year his Mom made one!!!!!!

I had 2 other gifts for him - also HUGE surprises!!!! He was so moved and in such a good mood that I told him about all of the treasures I have here at the apartment - his old pictures, i.d. bracelet, report cards,etc. I told him that I was going to create a scrapbook but feared it was the wrong time of year and that so many memories all at once might be too much for him.

He agreeded. So I'll keep these things in "hiding" for now.

It went well.SmileyCentral.com

I - am STILL waiting to here from the photographer. Now that it's been a week I am getting VERY anxious!!!!! I must check my messages and email 10 times a day!!!!!

And this morning I attempted HIIT - I trained legs Friday evening. Monday morning they were still a bit "unhappy" with me - screaming with every interval!!! Funny how when you are sore your heart rate is different performing the exact same program that you normally would do. I chose a preprogramed interval program - I can normally do level 6 - sometimes level 7. My HR on level 6 was WAY too high today - and the pain was pretty nasty - so I dropped it to level 5 and both the HR and the discomfort felt much more appropriate! And tmorrow I get to lift again - chest and tri's. Week 2 here I come! Who has my aspirin?

Basically - just another day here in Heaven - LOL!

Until next time!!!

Did you know....
The shortest human adult on record is 22.5 inches? And I - Michelle - was 26 1/2 inches when I was born?!!!!!

5 Comments:

  • WHAT A LOVLEY POST MICHELLE!

    Great that your dad loved the date roll you made him

    Ali xxx

    By Blogger Ali, at 12:53 AM  

  • Ah so nice when you can make your parents day, just by making nice gestures isnt it? The slightest little thing makes my parents so happy!

    Hope your legs have stopped screaming at you!

    Hilary xx

    By Blogger Miss Positive, at 6:43 AM  

  • I hope my children are as thoughtful as you when they grow up Michelle. As a parent your story brought tears to my eyes. What a lucky Dad you have.

    Feeling body parts just reassures you that you are treating it right i think. I can "feel" mine in lots of places but I wouldn't call it sore.
    Having that pumped feeling is the best bit.
    The pessimist(that's not how you spell that is it?)side of me says something has to go wrong soon, it's too good to be pumped this long.
    Do you just live on the pumped feeling 24/7?
    Kerry

    By Blogger Kerry, at 6:33 PM  

  • Come on!!! Level 8 at least!!!!!

    By Blogger t, at 8:34 PM  

  • Just catching up on what YOU have been up to :) Finally. Great story about your dad and the date roll, yes, like Kerry said, you are SO very thoughtful. Glad you are likin' the program, and too funny about the hooks :) You never told me how you liked them, I was wondering...

    Talk soon!

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home