Weird But True

Monday, September 18, 2006

Why not......

I am having the MOST FABULOUS day today!!!!


It's sunny!
It's unseasonably warm!
I don't have to work the "real" job!

I scored HUGE bargains at not one, not two, but THREE stores I had to go to today ANYWAYS!!!!!

Cardio this morning was GREAT! Finished a GREAT book! Received a notice from the library that the next one on my list became available - perfect timing!

So all of this good fortune happened before 10a.m.! I'm riding "high"! I'm at the last of my stores and I see a display of Playdoh......

It makes me think of my daily trivia..... September 18th is National Play Doh day here in the States!

Not sure why we need this...a day to honor Play Doh....but whatever! I bought some! Why not? Who doesn't love the smell of Play Doh?

I also bought and played with some Silly Putty! More childhood memories revisted!!!!!!

Feeling like a kid I grabbed a gumball out of the HUGE machine they had at the entrance to the store - I happily munched away!!!!!

I head next to the Post Office to mail out some boxes to Sue and I'm mindlessly blowing bubbles while I wait in line....not snapping or cracking my gum - not even popping them loudly....just "being happy".

The older gentleman in front of me....by older I mean double my age.......turns to me and sighs - "Why don't you act your age? Bubbles are for children."

I reply - " I am. Just a kid at heart right?"
- With a big smile on my face -

"That's what wrong with your generation...always having "fun"

The Post Office clerk calls him to the counter.....I wait my turn.........

When it's my turn the clerk says to me "Maybe if more people did have fun - the world would be a happier place for us all."

I couldn't agree more!

Thumb is still slowly recovering - as are my legs from Saturday! After yesterday's power walk I didn't seem to have the brain power to type - let alone return for my evening lifting session!

So now I'm having a litle snack - and I'll be off to weight train! With no TP - but that's o.k. because I'll have my rockin' tunes to blast me through! EVEN BETTER!!!! Since I don't need a spot right now - I'm lucky to lift much of anything - LOL!

Until Next Time -

“Live life fully while you're here. Experience everything. Take care of yourself and your friends. Have fun, be crazy, be weird. Go out and screw up! You're going to anyway, so you might as well enjoy the process. Take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes: find the cause of your problem and eliminate it. Don't try to be perfect; just be an excellent example of being human.”


Anthony Robbins

2 Comments:

  • Hi Michelle!
    I can relate to the whole 'releasing your inner child'! Go Play Doh! Last year at Christmas I bought myself the Lego Millenium Falcon, and built it. When I bought it I am sure the shop assistant thought I was buying it for a child - BUT NO! I LOVE LEGO! It's at work at the moment, sitting on my layout table next to my desk.....
    Cheers
    Carolyn

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 7:11 AM  

  • Jeez, what a grumpy old so and so that guy was!! I liked your answer :)

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home