Weird But True

Monday, October 09, 2006

Conveniences........

Sometimes I amaze myself with just WHAT exactly I am dependant on. Last night I decided I wanted a cup of tea before bed. So I head to the kitchen, gather the cup and water, etc. pop it in the microwave push the timer.......

Nothing.

Hmm - clock still works - maybe it's just the shortcut button.

Manually puch it in.......

Nothing.
Try it a few more times - different times, settings.......
Nothing.

It's 9:45p.m. On a Sunday.
I don't REALLY need tea this badly do I? I could boil water on the stove. Surely it can wait until after the gym tomorrow........

Ahhh - NOPE!
Off to the 24 hour store I go! Only in America can you buy a new microwave at 10p.m. on a Sunday night!

Seriously - what's WRONG with me - LOL!

So now I have a new microwave. The old is already in the dumpster. Done. Too bad there aren't indicator lights to tell you when it's about to "die" - so you can plan ahead. I think they should make an indicator light for hair dryers too. This is DEFINITELY an appliance I simply will NOT live without. My hair in it's "natural" state.......

I've been known to scare myself!

In other news......
I'M OFF THE ANTIBIOTICS!!!!! HOORAY!!!!!!!

Last Dr.'s appt. was this morning - clean bill of health. Still a bit of scar tissue that I have to massage out of the thumb - Hubert just will not "die"! But the infection itself is GONE!!!!

Let the healing of my poor stomach begin!

Important news for Dog Owner's:


Sweetener Alert For Dog Owners!!!
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! If you're the owner of a dog, please be VERY careful not to allow them to eat anything that contains the sugar substitute xylitol. Xylitol, a low-calorie sweetener that's on the rise in popularity, can be found in many sugar-free products like chewing gum, preserves and syrups. These products, and any others that contain xylitol, can be extremely harmful (even deadly) to your pet. Because this sweetener can be found in more and more diet products these days, cases of xylitol poisoning in dogs are on the rise and about 115 have been reported this year. Please PLEASE read labels and take extra care to keep your pup away from these items -- it could be a matter of life and death.

3 Comments:

  • hey my microwave carked it sat night too, sometime during the night, I got up to cook my breaky sun morning and there was nobody home....

    By Blogger Jehanne, at 11:36 PM  

  • Hey Michelle - that was one thing that got me in the USA when I was there.... No one has an electric kettle (or jug)!! It is a staple appliance here in Australia, think so we can make lots of cups of tea. :) Anyway, sorry to here Micky-wave carked it. Talk soon
    Jodie xx

    By Blogger jodie, at 5:44 AM  

  • Hi Michelle,
    I was going to comment as well - don't you have a kettle? But Jodie answered that one! Is it really true that Americans don't tend to use electric kettles? How do you make coffee at work - do you have an urn or a boiler unit?
    Cheers
    Carolyn

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home