Weird But True

Sunday, September 24, 2006

*Sniff**Sniff* *Sigh.......*

Hard as I may to fight it - it truly is over. I try to deny it. Searched high and low but to no availe. My homegrown veggie season is over.

I see on Kerry's blog that her's is just about to begin - and I am J-E-A-L-O-U-S!!!!!!
The ones I was able to locate today are shrivelled and yucky looking - not to mention over priced! So I have enough for a few more days....maybe some more will surface........but most likely - back to the freezer section I go.

Yup - that confirms it - summer's over.

Speaking of overpriced - I went to the Japanese Steakhouse to get some steamed rice for the experiment.....they wanted $4 for a portion of steamed rice!!!!!! Is it shipped from Japan? How much rice is in there? Ridiculous!!!!! Since I have no intention of eating it - just talking to it and taking pictures - I'm taking this as a sign that perhaps I best let this idea go. I mean really - do I need rice as a roomie? I think I'll take the "positive" thoughts and direct them towards other things.....

Here's a bit of trivia on me.....I had dinner with Grandma tonight and told her about the water pictures and the rice experiment - I was trying to convince her that we should have dinner at the steakhouse - I could just snag some leftovers but she said it was too far away....ANYWAYS she laughed when I told her my "plan" and reminded me that when I was in middle school my science fair project was "talking" to plants! I yelled at one and was nice to the other!!

Even in school I was thinking about the power of words - funny don't you think?

G'ma also reminded me that both plants died and I "faked" my results for school - LOL! I guess I just wanted to believe!

Speaking of plants.....when was the last time I watered these......... Better go!!!!

1 Comments:

  • Smell of heating being on = no more veggies....so please decide which you want!! ;-) I know which you'd prefer, of course. Enjoy
    the heat. :)

    By Blogger t, at 9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home