Weird But True

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Disappointing news.......

There will be no new pics. At least not anytime soon. I received some very unsettling news today at the "real" job - there will be cutbacks in my store. My position is safe, but some folks that I work with.........

Their future is not so certain right now.

After learning this I had to do some serious thinking. Do I really need to be "wasting" money on my own personal indulgence? I'm not in a competition. I have a new pic for Sue's site from the last shoot, this was going to be a more artistic shoot, pretty much just fufilling a "dream".

I wouldn't even need copies really. No one special in my life right now. Not like I would have my "muscle collage" printed on Holiday cards for family and friends. Just for me - to document this stage in my life.

The sitting itself is affordable. But when you add in the cost of the posing DVD, props, hair, nails, body scrubs, spray tan
, travel and gallons of distilled water.........

Not to mention the Holidays are approaching. And I'm the "last of the line" - so I'm expected to host the dinners, and of course there's gifts for family and friends to consider........

And I just spent the last 35 days "investing" in Dr.'s visits. Sure I have insurance - but all those copays add up! I was going to the Dr. every other day!!!! And all the refills on the various meds!

My session seems to be low on the list of priorites. Perhaps in the spring. But right now I feel like I need to concentrate on building a better "safety net" - just in case.

So yes - I'm a little disappointed - but I'm a planner. And I plan for the worst and hope for the best.

And how will I deal with today's disappointing news........

Why I'm off to train of course!!!!!! Nothing like a good sweat and some serious DOMS to make me happy!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home