Weird But True

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Updates.......

Where HAS the time gone? This week has simply FLOWN right by me!!!

Today was my FAVORITE cardio session - the HIIT followed by lunges on the incline treadmill - my gosh I DO love this feeling!!!! And what a metabolism boost! I am simply STARVING all day! Which I think is GREAT - since my "reshoot" is officially booked for November 20th!

I am VERY excited to do the next shoot!! I decide to stick with this photographer - since I am so comfortable with them, and they are SO open to suggestions. We'll all just have to patient for the "results" that's all. I broke down and bought an official Figure Posing DVD - which came in today's mail, so I'll have to work on more effective poses over the next 4 weeks.

XBF will be my "driver" again. I was so excited/nervous/starving last time - and the photographer is 45 min away - so I thought it best not to drive myself. I'll make sure we bring a camera so we at least have a sneak "preview" this time around.

I had to laugh at the comments about my new favorite cardio session! I must confess - while it IS my favorite - I can only do it on Wednesdays, exactly 5 days after my leg session and 2 days prior to the NEXT leg lifting session. I tried to do an "extra" one last week - appparently I wasn't fully recovered - since I was unable/unwilling to finish. But it's a great midweek boost - literally - LOL!!!!

Kerry - in response to your BEAUTIFUL picture and story - I tried some fennel this week. I LOVE licorice - and this is a veggie that tastes like licorice - who knew?! I can NOT believe I waited this long to discover it!!!! I put some in my salad - of course - but I can't wait to try it cooked. If you have some recipes - please drop me a note - at the very least I'm thinking it will be tasty in some stew this weekend - since it's now officially cold and dreary here, aka FALL.

And Carolyn - you're crackin' me up with your "kettle mission" - LOL!!! I feel the need to share with the world that it takes you 4 WHOLE minutes to heat your water to make tea - as compared to my 90sec:) In 4 minutes I can make and consume a cup of hot tea:) I should mention that I've seen kettles at stores, but they're the type that you heat on the stove - none that you plug in and turn on. And I've asked around at work, patients too, and not a one uses a tea kettle to make tea. A few folks "collect" tea pots, some put flowers in them - but nobody around me has the "patience" for water to boil this way. Not even the senior citizens - LOL!

Steve - tonight I watched "Over the Hedge" - I thought of you!!!!! The little critters made me think of Brian and our BB days, and chosing a nice "furry" movie over a seasonal horror flick......... well.....you know:)

One last update.....you guys might remember Yank - my gym "buddy" who lost over 150lbs and ran in 2 marathons - when I have not, and probably never will, run in one. He's been M.I.A. for sometime now. I thought he was having his extra "skin" removed, but my poor buddy somehow broke his collar bone at work. I am happy to report that he returned to the gym this morning and after having 6 weeks with NO training, he only gained a couple of pounds. I don't know that even I could be that responsible with NO training!!!!! AND he's right back at it - with the right attitude!!!!!!

He TRULY is an inspiration!!!!!!

Hope all is well with you guys!!!!!!

1 Comments:

  • Where are you! It's been an entire week since I've been able to read what you have been up to!
    Giving competition some thought are you?

    Would love to chat with you. My email is dibroeren@hotmail.com
    If I don't hear from you I'll know you don't have time for me : )....just jokin'!!

    By Blogger Di Broeren, at 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home