Weird But True

Friday, October 13, 2006

New favorites.....

I have discovered a new favorite method of self torture - I mean cardio! First plenty of HIIT on my FAVORITE machine the Gauntlet, aka stairmill, aka running the wrong way up an escalator.

THEN for my "cooldown" 15 min. of walking lunges on the treadmill, incl. max! I LOVE this burn - OMG! I am addicted!!!!

I've also discovered freshly ground cinnamon - YUMMY!!!! My Dad makes beautiful peppermills - so I have plenty of grinders. He gave me a matching set this past Christmas - one is a salt grinder, the other pepper of course. But I don't use salt - ever. So I had 2 types of pepper in my grinders - one a blend -- one normal. But then I discovered whole cinammon. If you have not tried this - you are missing out! SO delicious!!! I put it in my sacred cocoa spice tea, on top of cottage cheese, in my "pancakes" - everywhere!!! DELICIOUS!!!!

I had to laugh at all the comments on the microwave situation. Us Americans, especially those of us in New York, don't like to wait - for anything. So to heat water in a kettle - LOL - FAR to long!! I can have tea in a 1:40. Why wait?

In fact - some folks won't even wait that long!!! They sell these "Hot Shot" dispensers here that will give you boiling water instantly - in 30 sec or so!

And at work - we have a cup at a time dispenser for the patients. No waste, no wait. Pick a flavor, drop in a pod, push a button, have a fresh cup of brewed coffee in under a minute. And they wonder why we are so busy with eyeglass adjustments in the winter?

In fact - look what I just read this morning - some folks think DRINKING takes too long - LOL!!!

Delivery of Caffeine Through an Inhalation Route
patent#: US 7078016
There's nothing quite like the smell of coffee in the morning, but let's face it – we don't drink it for the flavor, we drink it for the caffeine. So why wait for coffee to brew when we can just snort the caffeine directly into our addicted little nostrils? I want to be caffeinated, and I want to be caffeinated NOW! If you've ever worked in an office building, you've probably noticed how corporations are more that happy to provide their employees with free coffee, tea, cola beverages, etc. – anything with a healthy dose of stimulating jitter juice. This invention puts caffeine into an aerosol. So, productivity manager, why waste valuable office space on a kitchen, when you can just pipe the stuff directly into the climate control system?

4 Comments:

  • That is so sick Michelle.
    I'm referring to the caffeine and your cardio.

    Do they look at you strangely at the gym?

    When I have an amazing body like you I might be as mad as you are, hopefully.

    Way to go Michelle
    Kerry
    xxoxoxo

    By Blogger Kerry, at 6:33 PM  

  • Hey Michelle!

    I am going to time my kettle boiling now! I am sure it doesn't take that long LOL!

    I can't believe you did walking lunges on a treadmill! (And thought it was fun!) I have enough trouble when the floor is not moving on me!!!

    Till tomorrow!
    Carolyn

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 7:10 AM  

  • Walking lunges on a treadmill on an INCLINE? Are you mad woman?! LOL! I'd probably fall off if I attempted this!

    Lucky you at work having that coffee - I've had them before and they are sooo good! Much better than the disgusting instant Nescafe they have at my work!

    Hilary xx

    By Blogger Miss Positive, at 8:26 PM  

  • Hi Michelle!
    My colleague from Louisiana says that some folks do own kettles in the US (at least he knew what I was talking about!). I couldn't resist!!! I think he thought I was a bit cuckoo. BUT - he did add that their kettles don't have switches on them! And neither do the power outlets (very odd to an Australian! All ours have a switch on them)
    BUT one other thing he also told me - they don't have boiler units that are connected to the water supply in offices to provide boiling water all day every day! Now THAT is instant, no waiting!!! LOL!
    Cheers
    Carolyn

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home