Weird But True

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A Question.....

2 interval training sessions, both the same total number of minutes in length, the intervals - also the same in terms of interval lengths, recovery lengths, and produce similar heart rate training zones, 2 different machines.......


Machine A says you burn XX number of calories and is very enjoyable to perform - lots of sweat - good intense workout - time flies by.........


Machine B says you burn xx number of calories, every minute feels like an hour and while you sweat you absolutely HATE this .........

Which do you choose..........

(Insert Jeopardy theme music here)

Why Machine B of course!!

Because we all know that the numbers on the machine really don't mean much - and we should train by how our bodies feeellllll.

So this morning I chose to do my intervals on the treadmill instead of my precious Gauntlet. I HATE running - God bless ya Steve - you can HAVE it!!!! But - I know I need to change it up a bit from time to time - and if there's no physical pain, aka injury, then most likely the reason why I hate this is because it takes me one step beyond my comfort zone. And - to keep improving - this is where I need to train. So I ran, and sweat, and thanked God when it was over - although I can't help being just a little bit proud of myself for having done this.......

But I just ate my "normal" breakfast 20 min, ago and already my tummy is asking for more - so I made the right choice:)

Here's some trivia for you:

Did you know......

Bubble Wrap was the result of a failed attempt to make plastic wallpaper!

Who would need plastic wallpaper ANYWAYS? Better not answer that - LOL!!!

2 Comments:

  • Always answer "C"!!! It's C!! :)

    By Blogger t, at 8:17 PM  

  • Hi there, I am a new client of Sue's on IBO. I have been reading your blogs through her link and just wanted to let you know that I totally agree with your philosophies. Thanks for posting, probably without even realizing such an inspiring comment on cardio!

    By Blogger serenity, at 5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home