Weird But True

Monday, May 22, 2006

How to Confuse the Neighbors.....

Step 1: Buy house
Step 2: Move in to house with Boyfriend - live happily for many years
Step 3: Move out of house - now Ex Boyfriend stays
Step 4: Show up 6 months later with luggage and walk dog for a week
Step 5: Leave at end of week
Step 6: Repeat 2 weeks later.

I'm getting some pretty confused looks from the old neighbors this week. I have to house sit again - one more week of out of town training for XBF and no one else would dare stay with the "beast" we call Manfrey.

Manfrey is a Rottweiler/St. Bernard mix. Most days he and I go pound for pound scale weight wise. He's a little moody - not mean - big teddy bear - lots of slobber - just moody.

He doesn't like change - move his water bowl - even for an afternoon - he pouts. When XBF goes out of town - Manfrey will hide food in strategic places around the house "just in case". And he'll only eat or drink if someone is home with him. Goes out when he wants - if he wants. No accidents - but it makes it difficult to have someone just pop over a couple of times a day to check on him.

And we saved him from the pound as an adult. So we don't have the heart to kennel him - even for a few days.

So back to the house I go. It works out well this week, the final stages of deconstruction here at Heaven are under way. I would have to park nearly 1/2 mile away from my building if I was staying here - so that's good that I'll be missing it. And it's one less car for them to find a spot for.

And since work if so close to Heaven, I can come "home" for lunch and grab all the things I will need for the next day on my way back through after work.

So it's really not so bad!Wink

Until tomorrow!

“Dogs have Owners, Cats have Staff.”
Author Unknown


1 Comments:

  • Definitely would confuse the neighbours... Have to laugh don't you? As I say if they are talking about me, least they are leaving someone else alone.

    By Blogger jodie, at 4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home