Weird But True

Sunday, June 04, 2006

190 Pounds!!

That's how much he's lost - 190 POUNDS - to date!! He's still going! He's need about another 30 - 40 to put him in his ideal range.

Obviously my friend "Yank" WAS a big man!!! BUT not no more! This man has lost one and a half of me! *Gone* *Poof* Never to be seen again!

Yank won't tell me what his starting weight was, or his current weight for that matter, and frankly - I don't need to know. That 190 is impressive enough!

No stomach surgery, no gimmicks, just clean eats and LOTS of hard training! I've been watching this man shrink for a couple of years now, sweat, grimace, pushing himself as hard as he can. And as he gets smaller - his drive gets stronger. This man simply will not be beat!

I always smile and say something nice to him when I see him. I'll leave him notes on his windshield when it seems he's having a bad day - he's literally busting his *ss! He ran a race they do here in the summer a couple of years ago - the "Swamp Rat Race" - 5K. Anyone that knows me knows that when I run a mile straight through that's a HUGE thing to me! I'm a sprint/walk/sprint kinda girl!

THIS year - Yank is "training" others to join him on that race! ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THIS MAN?! They meet every Tuesday - the race is a in a few weeks.

And he tells me today that I inspire him! Because I take the time to smile and encourage others. He said that when he first started he would see me pushing myself on the treadmill or whatever and think "if that girl thinks she needs to train that hard...." and then he would up his intensity just a little bit more!

Yank - you're crazy! YOU ARE THE INSPIRATION!!!

1 Comments:

  • No Michelle, You are the inspiration. Have I told you how much I LOVE YOU & SUE
    kerry

    By Blogger Kerry, at 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home