Weird But True

Friday, November 24, 2006

I'm Thankful....

That it's OVER!!!! Yesterday was Thanksgiving here in the States - a day where for some unknown reason people feel the need to cook WAAAYYYY too much and then proceed to eat most of it. After which they sit around complaining about how they shouldn't have, blah, blah, blah.

My family gets smaller all the time. I only had to entertain G'ma and Dad this year - and both of which suggested that we forget Thanksgiving all together. Which was the BEST idea ever - however the idea of the two of them sitting home alone - or worse at Denny's eating dinner at a table for one on Thanksgiving was more than I could bear.

Next year I may take them up on that offer.

They were here FOREVER. And while they enjoyed what they were served - I told them I was not making 14 side items and 12 pies. We were a party of 3 - you'd be served a "normal" dinner. Turkey, sweet potatoes, salad, green beans and rolls for Dad.

Dad brought dessert - "since it didn't feel right without it".
G'ma commented on all the traditional sides that were missing - gravy - stuffing - corn - pumpkin pie - apple pie - ARRRGGGhhh!! We are 3 people!

But then G'ma decided to start asking why I'm not dating anyone........

Wine anyone - LOL!
However since the 2 of them were not drinking - I did not drink either. Which made the event painful - but at least I have no ill effects this morning.

AND I got to train TWICE yesterday. A.M. cardio - P.M. lifting!!!! Sue - I tried a new technique I read about - remind me to fill you in. A bit more research is needed - but I have NEVER had such sore triceps in all of my life as I do right now!!

So the Holiday is over - YIPPEE!! I still have to work today and tomorrow - but a bit of relief has come to pass there....

We got some GREAT news at work late Wednesday - my co worker I was most concerned about getting laid off come January is now in an actual Union spot - meaning the odds of him being laid off are DRAMATICALLY reduced!! HOORRAAYY!! We had to lose a full - timer and a part timer to get this - but they were only recently hired. My "buddy" has been there for 4 years now - and is just one of those generally good guys always trying to please everyone that somehow ALWAYS get the short end.

So I'm Thankful he's "saved":)

And with that - I hear a treadmill calling my name!!!!

Did you know......

The average Thanksgiving meal contains around 3,000 calories and 229 grams of fat. Thankfully - I am NOT average!!!! LOL!!



1 Comments:

  • Ah family get-togethers can be a bit of a trial cant they! Good to hear that you got through it with only some minor scratches!

    Way to go, training twice on a holiday!

    Hilary xx

    By Blogger Miss Positive, at 6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home