Weird But True

Monday, January 15, 2007

The letter "D".......

Today's post shall be brought to you today by the letter "D" - like on Sesame Street - since all the things on my mind right now seem to start with "D"........

"D" - Dodged that bullet!!! Our weather CONTINUES to be kind to me!!!!! The HUGE ice storm that shut down the midwest, leaving thousands without power, hit here today..........

However it was above freezing!! So while yes, it WAS 34 and rainy - which is not nice - there was NOT a 2" sheet of ice on my car this morning!! YIPPEE!!

Which leads to .....
"D" - D.O.M.S. - all weight lifting sessions are in!!! AND.....
"D" - Double gym sessions - a.m. cardio, p.m. lifting - EXCELLENT!!!!! Great for the metabolism!!!!!
"D" - DELICIOUS!!!! I am officially addicted to my cottage cheese/salsa/celery stick meal - not for everyone - but I am LOVING this and enjoying it as I type. Which is a "snack" before my .....
"D" - Dinner out with friends!!! Almost canceled due to weather - but not now:)

However everything in moderation "D" due to...
"D" - Definite - the pics are a definite for March 20th!! Horray!!! I better start practicing some proper poses for maximum muscle
"D" - Definition!!!!
and sitting right here in front of me is my favorite purchase of the moment......
"D" - Diet Detective's Countdown! This is a book that takes the calories in each and seemingly every food item and gives it an exercise "equivalent".

For example - I always order healthy food when eating out, but I will usually indulge in a few....
"D" - Drinks!

Tonight is gaming and a couple pints of beer.....but each and every pint of my beloved Sam Adams has 180 calories.....

which mean it takes a 130 pound woman - and I don't even weigh this - I am in the low 120's 46 min. of walking 3.0 mph on a level surface to burn off one, or bike 26 min. at 11.0 mph, or run for 19 min. at 5.0

I can walk 4.6 mph on a level surface....but still....... the book helps to make each food a bit more "real".

And with that I am off to dinner!!!

Have a great "D"ay!!!!!

5 Comments:

  • "D" stands for....

    Damn! Thank Gawd for Sam Adams, 'specially the seasonal ales (i.e. Winter Ale), the Pale Ale, and the Light.

    Damn! It's frickin' cold in Damned Utah!

    K....that's all I have. :)

    By Blogger t, at 10:08 PM  

  • D for Dianna says H for Hello : )

    By Blogger Di Broeren, at 12:21 AM  

  • Hooray on the pics! I will be 'Dying' to see them when you get them 'Done'!

    By Blogger jodie, at 3:43 AM  

  • what the hell is going on with your blog???

    By Blogger jodie, at 4:14 AM  

  • Ditto Jodie,

    Michelle, your blog has become a template!!!

    By Blogger Kelly, at 6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home