Weird But True

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Dead Cockroaches......

I've been using the Gauntlet that's in the weight room in the morning a few times a week now - once you get over a "fear"......LOL!

But one of the many reasons I prefer being upstairs in the cardio room is it's easier to separate myself....I don't have "look" at folks - when you're all in the same place you can't help but take notice....

And on Friday I couldn't help but notice this one guy....he was "crunching" and "twisting" away, trying it appeared, desparately to create some sort of 6 pack to undo too many "6 packs" - if you know what I mean:)

But his form was SO bad all I could think of was that childhood "game" that I never really understood - where you lay on your back and kick your feet and arms all about while saying "I'm a dead cockroach.......I'm a dead cockroach......"

And this thought made my giggle to myself - which no doubt caused confusion as to why the girl running on the stairmill was laughing while she was doing it...

No wonder they call me "freak gril":)

Kerry - I have plenty of rain for you....it's 47 outside right now and pouring...but Steve's cold front is supposed to move through this afternoon turning it to freezing rain - no good! But maybe I'll get out of the real job early:) Unlikely...last night I actually had to stay LATE, and I was SO hungry that my p.m. lifting session had to be postponed a day:( But luckily I had already gotten in my gauntlet fix in the morning - so all was not lost!

It's all in how you look at things:) For example check out this movie trailer for the next "family classic"
http://www.ps260.com/molly/SHINING%20FINAL.mov

2 Comments:

  • Yes bad form does make me giggle too. The other day a girl was doing DB bicep curl (well I think that was what she was trying to acheive) but she was swinging those DBs like there was no tomorrow... I was laughing on the inside.

    By Blogger jodie, at 5:18 PM  

  • Yup, gotta love 'em! One of my many faves is the chicks doing lateral raises with 0.5kg weights. Why, why, why would you bother?? Sue said it well when she thought these women looked like ducks flying south for the winter.....
    Makes me giggle too! And sometimes not on the inside.....
    Cheers
    Carolyn

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home