Weird But True

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

So...no plans for New Year's eh?

Ahhh - G'ma. Such a warm loving person!! And what a way with words - LOL!

Her words can only be outdone by her facial expressions, glares, and stares.


Her "looks" sent a strong message that she did not care for the spaghetti and meatballs, was not impressed with ANY of her gifts - and she would not even try a cookie.

Yes Virginia - I survived another Christmas!

Dad was surprised that I was SERIOUSLY going to make spag and balls for Christmas - why do I bother getting their input on these then? - but he was FLOORED my his Mother's homemade recipes. He ate cookies for dessert on Christmas, snacked on peanut brittle when he got home, had cookies for dessert at breakfast the next morning, and when he went to have fudge for dessert to his lunch - his body screamed for mercy and he finally had to at least press pause - LOL! Everything in moderation Dad - everything in moderation.

He was also VERY surprised by the clock and pens from "Down Under". Thanks for your help with this Kerry!!

So no, I have no plans for New Year's. I am not a big Holiday person to start with - and I never really understood this one. If I have the desire to get drunk, wear a paper hat and count down from 10 couldn't I really do this ANY day of the year? Midnight happens EVERY day. And every morning is a NEW day - so if I want to give up a habit or start something new why wait until January 1? Why not August 18? Or December 12? Or April 8?

So I am usually in bed by 10 on New Year's. Veerrry Exciting........veeerrrryyyyy exciting!

I hope everyone had a great Holiday!

1 Comments:

  • It's because it's entering a new year and leaving the old one!!! You don't have to drink or wear a paper hat or whatever New Yorkers do...but that's why. :) You can't do that 364 days of the year. Only 1. So stay up, enjoy the transformation. :)

    By Blogger t, at 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home