Weird But True

Monday, December 04, 2006

Here's a "challenge"......

While you are sitting there sit up straight, shoulders back and square, hold in your "tummy"........

Not your stomach girls.....your tummy...the area below your belly button that we so lovingly call a "pooch"........

keep breathing....keep reading....keep holding.....

I think every individual muscle group is sore after training this weekend - I am LOVING it!! I feel like a walking talking muscle chart!

Are you still holding?

This is my FAVORITE time of year. No - not because of the snow - although that arrive this morning - Grrrrrrr - not because of Christmas or whichever Holiday you may celebrate, and certainly not from all of the social functions that seem to creep up....

It's my favorite time of year because the gym is almost always empty!! YIPPEE!! I can do whatever I want! Try new techniques...new machines.....hog the Gauntlet...WHATEVER!!!!

So I did just that this weekend - tried new things - worked on perfecting my technique from the "new" timing method and sadly, I even ran intervals again - because I know they are good for my metabolism and no one was around to see how I look running - very determined and grimacing I am certain!

Are you still holding?

I met a VERY inspirational man this weekend. His name is Otto and Friday was his 90th birthday. We have a physical therapy center within our gym - and he was using a walker and going to p.t. when I saw him. I was all sweaty post workout and he commented on how "good" that looked.

"'xcuse me?"

"I wish I was that sweaty!! You see today is my 90th birthday - and I'm stuck using this thing. I can't break a sweat - I creak just getting up. This is not what I wanted today."

"What did you have in mind sir?"

"Nothing special - but some adventure. When I turned 75 I spent my birthday water skiing. When I turned 80 I climbed a rock wall. 85 downhill skiing - but today.......Dr. appt and walker"

LOL - we should all have such frustrations!!!! This man has more "life" in his eyes than some of the patients I see who are in their 50's! And I told him so!!!!

We continued to chat from there.

Are you still holding? See - you can get a good "workout" right from your desk. We can all hold in our "stomachs" - the upper 2/3's easily - but hold in those lower abs..........

It's a whole different story.

Just like Otto and his way of life.

I'm going to live like Otto.

2 Comments:

  • Glad you got some snow. :/

    By Blogger t, at 12:32 AM  

  • Hi Michelle!
    And it's getting hotter here, and the gym is starting to get busy with all the peeps trying to get into shape for summer!

    I am so jealous of your quiet gym!
    Cheers
    Carolyn

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home