Weird But True

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Disgusting....

But DDEELLLLICIOUS!!!!

Most folks would describe my new favorite breakfast as disgusting - and to look at it - I'd have to agree - but it's VERY tasty to me!!!


My trip to the Dr. confirmed what I though Jaemi - I'm still not quite "right" after my month long stint on antibiotics - so some Western med. for the new condition and some Eastern methods to help correct the insides. This means a 10 day detox for me. Which means no oats for 10 days. But a girl's got to have some starchy carbs - how else can I fuel these workouts? So my new breakfast is egg whites and pumpkin, flavored with a dash of vanilla, a packet of Stevia and some pumpkin pie spice.

YYuuummmyyyy!! Whenever I come up with some new appalling "creation" I think of a peep who could not understand why I eat some of the creations that I do - LOL!!! I would insist that my "lasgana" was as good as the real thing, and he would create it and question my sanity!! I hope he's doing well with his new program:)

I just finished a TERRIFIC book this morning - "Ultra Marathon Man" - this guy has done it ALL!!! He ran 199 miles - BY HIMSELF! In a weekend!!! Over hills and rivers, and Mt.'s and....you name - he's done it. I don't understand it myself - but I do have the same desire to keep challenging myself - just no desire to run for 2 days without sleep!

I heard from some friends I haven't talked to in some time today - we had a FABULOUS catch up session and have planned on seeing each other Monday. We are both so busy that we often promise to keep in touch but rarely seem to. I'm going to make a better effort on my part this time. They actually share my love of fitness - so it's a better match than some of the others I've lost touch with.

“A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.”Author Unknown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home