Weird But True

Friday, December 29, 2006

Let me explain.....

I've received some VERY concerned and well meaning emails after my last couple of posts. Seems people are concerned that I am becoming cynical, depressed, over just plain negative. (I sure do have some sweet friends looking out for me)

Let me assure you all that NOTHING could be further from the truth.

What I mean when I say I don't really see the point in New Year's, and in fact Holidays in general, is that why are people waiting until a certain date appears on the calendar to appreciate all that is around you?

EVERY DAY is a Holiday to me!!! EVERY DAY is a new beginning!!! Why should I "celebrate" because the day on the calendar says "it's time?" Toast because it's 1/1 - what's wrong with toasting 10/10? Say "I love you" because it's 2/14 - why not because it's 4/12?

If I see a present and it makes me think of someone - I buy it - and give it to them the very next time I see them!
Every morning when I wake up I am excited about what this new will bring. Who will I see? Talk to? Meet? How much will I lift? How fast will I run? What will I have for dinner? It's ALL exciting to me!!!

If I want to dress up - I do! If I want to sleep in - I do!!! If I want to have people over and cook for them - I do!!! If I want Turkey in July - O.K. Cut out cookies in March - why not? BBQ in December - let's get the grill Feel like champagne - sure - I'll go to the store right now!

I appreciate each and every moment in my life, both good and bad. Because these moments make me the person that I am today. And for that -- I am TRULY happy!!!!!!

Now - about that road trip........it's actually along the same line of thinking. Why HAVEN"T I done something "exciting" since April? Seen something new? Visited a friend? What am I waiting for?

So it's time to put some miles on the new car - I just need to decide doing what.......or where....or with whom.....

And the pics - it's the same inner battle as before. They're only for me - no one else. A lot of time and prep go in to them. I'll be training anyways - but do I want to invest the time, energy, and money to have professional pics done again. Does it mean that much to me.......

Or do I want to keep my physical achievements to myself:)

So thank you all for your concern - but I'm still running, sweating and grunting!!! In fact today is Friday - which means double gym time for me! Cardio is already in the books - and lifting after work!

I can't wait!!!!!

2 Comments:

  • Sounds like you are at a bit of a crossroads... I am sure you will find the answers, just sometimes it takes a little bit of searching.

    Thinking of you
    Jodie
    xx

    By Blogger jodie, at 7:46 AM  

  • You ol' fuddy-duddy! ;-)

    So I'll expect my gifts and roses on 1/2??....just because! :D

    Happy New Year.

    By Blogger t, at 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home