Weird But True

Thursday, April 12, 2007

What the heck?

What was all of THAT I just had to do to sign on to my blog and post? WOW - took nearly 10 min just to get here. You never know what blogger is going to send your way first thing in the morning:)

But that's o.k. - my whole world seems to have me saying "What the heck?" Quite a lot these days. Let's start with my weather.......

It was warmer here Christmas day vs Easter Sunday! And they are predicting a NOREASTER for THIS Sunday! I am shaking my head as I type this - a NOREASTER! That's where mother nature throws all of her punches at once and can dump several feet of snow, or several inches of ice on us poor folks in just one afternoon! Folks just 30 min north of me have been receiving several inches of snow a DAY for over a week now - some areas have a foot or more on the ground again! We had snow on Easter - but it has melted again - for now.

Another "WTH" moment occurred at work this week - when they announced the big "Who's the father of Anna Nicole's daughter news"......... I was waiting on a patient - a senior citizen who's cell phone rang while I was fitting him for his new eyewear.......he looked at his phone - held up the one finger "just a moment" sign, did NOT excuse himself, did NOT walk away, did not even TURN away, just stopped me mid motion - answered his phone to receive this call.

The big news....... Larry IS the father of Anna's daughter.

Wunderful - now my day is complete - thank gawd someone called to share that with us.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Another WTH moment - when I turned my page a day calendar this morning and learned this.......Brest Milk cures warts! Check this out:

According to The New England Journal of Medicine of June 2004, a cream containing human breast milk appears to be an effective treatment for stubborn warts. The key ingredient of the cream is a compound called alpha-lactalbumin-oleic acid. Its Swedish creators have nicknamed the cream HAMLET, for Human Alphalactalbumin Made Lethal to Tumor cells.

4 Comments:

  • I love reading your blog Michelle, you're absolutely hilarious! Yah, I'd be having some serious WTH moments if I were you--what's going on with all that? My family lives in Bellingham, WA north of Seattle and they got some snow earlier in the month as well which is a serious WTH for that part of the states!

    Hope you have a great rest of your week and your weekend and a few less WTH moments in the meantime! :D

    xxx hillary

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:41 PM  

  • You say WTH and I say WTF

    I suppose its like: you say to-mate-o and I say to-mart-o

    If you don't get this comment don't worry I am on holidays so maybe a little loopy.

    Jodie
    xx

    By Blogger jodie, at 7:38 PM  

  • I hope you do get Jodie's comment Michelle because it is really very good, not loopy at all.

    If you need breast milk I have a friend who produces copious amounts.

    kerry

    By Blogger Kerry, at 7:46 AM  

  • It's like:
    Biscuits vs cookies
    Bumbag vs fannypack
    Kettle vs microwave (hee hee hee)
    Remember that one???
    Carolyn

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home