Weird But True

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Technology........

Ahh Steve - I've been thinking of you a bt this week:) Since you will always be a "gadget guru" to me I assume you've probably had this little guilty new found addiction for quite some time.

In fact - I would guess that most folks have this - I have been resisting with all of my might - but I finally gave in - and now I can't imagine living without it.

What is my latest indulgence? Digital cable with built in DVR! How did I ever exist without this? LOL! Up until the Monday I had been "surviving" with only the local 6 or 7 channels - didn't want the extra bill of cable. So I made due for the last year and a half. I still saw some of my favorite shows - my friends were good to me and would tape them and bring them in for me. But when my friends fell through on the season finale of my favorite show - a drama no less - I started to look into how much cable was.

And then I found this "special" where I got digital with DVR for a very reasonable rate if I would sign a one year contract.

And the rest is history! Now with the push of a button this thing will tape and save all of my shows for me - for a whole season - as they air - without commercials! SWEET!

In other news not so happy news - this was my buddy's last day in town:( Bummers:( But I still have horseback riding too - once she is unpacked and settled in. SO it will just be a few days without contact/conversation - as she has much more important things to do/on her mind these days. But I'll be thinking of her:)

Other than that - still sunny - still summer - and the gym is calling my name:)

Remember -

Growing old is mandatory.......growing up is optional:)

Other Unknown

1 Comments:

  • Oh, dear....that is so
    yesterday. ;-) I'm saving up for the HD DVR...what did I do before the DVR!!!??? :)

    By Blogger t, at 7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home