Weird But True

Monday, January 14, 2008

She shoots...she scores:)

Last night was Christmas rescheduled with Grandma - and it was a HUGE hit - if I do say so myself!

She always tells a story about trying to get served a flaming cherries jubilee and how she never has had one, they'll serve cherries jubilee but never on fire - so she doesn't bother.

So, since she decided she didn't want any Christmas presents this year I started calling all over town to find a restaurant that would be willing to light one on fire.

Took some "doing" - but mission accomplished! We took her to her favorite restaurant for dinner which she was thrilled with anyway. The original plan was to drive around and look at Christmas lights and just "happen" upon the next stop and I was going to suggest we go in for coffee.

However an ice storm forced us to reschedule - the she went out of town - now - no lights.

Anyway - Dad pretended to make a wrong turn and get lost - nice:) We come upon the restaurant - which is located inside a B & B - and I ask to stop so I can run inside and ask directions. I suggest she come in with me so she can see how pretty it is inside.

Dad parks - we all go in- then I tell the hostess about our reservation...
While they prepare the table I fill Grandma in - her eyes light up - PERFECT!

They prepared the whole thing table side. Grandma was blown away! dad loved it - he hasn't had it since 1960 something - I had fresh fruit - no dairy for me *sigh*.

Anyway - a perfect evening was had by all! So this was a GREAT Holiday season - first Dad and I had a great day - and now we spread the fuzzies to Grandma - YEAH!!!!!

I've beaten the cold - YIPPEE - and the spots are diminishing - not gone - just getting smaller - but still a good sign. I have an allergist appointment this morning - and he said if they hadn't improved over last week I was going to start losing privileges again - so at least I won't lose anything. No gain - but that's o.k.

Wednesday is my facial and we don't want to miss that! And next Monday is my haircut/color. Not at the critical stage just yet - but last time was not a full on treatment - as we wanted to make certain I wouldn't react. So this time....
Give me the works!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home