Weird But True

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Decisions, Decisions......

Some of you guys have known me since "Body Blog". You might remember this past January I was contacted by a supplement company. I had submitted the results of my first 12 week challenge with Sue to them last year and they contacted my to tell me that I had been named a runner up and as such I was about to receive a TON of free supplements.

GREAT NEWS!!! They also wanted to feature me as a "success story" in a future issue of their magazine. They told me it would take a few months, but to be patient and they would call.

They did call, last week. My phone interview is Thursday. They wanted to know if I could provide additional pictures - of a more professional quality, within 3 weeks. If I can find a photographer whose schedule matches mine - this will not be a problem. All I need is a little spray tan and super clean eats, with lots of water!, for a week.

I was all excited! Immediately started making phone calls, for hair/nails/finding a photographer - but as I sit here tonight flipping through a fitness magazine I'm wondering why? Why am I willing to do this? Am I willing to do this?

All of those girls in the before and after's are unpaid "spokesman". They take their pictures and use them at their discretion. Often changing their words around, to sell more of their product. Is that what I want?

I will gladly have my picture taken and used on Sue's website - any day - any time. I will appear in her print ads - whatever. I believe in her product. Her methods work. When people ask me what I recommed or what I take/do/follow I proudly refer them to Sue's site. The person sitting in front of this monitor is due in part to her experience and guidance. The solution is not found in a bottle - or a small magic pill. At least not for me. There's nothing but hard, consistent, training and clean quality eats sitting here tonight. My words are true and unbiased. The work I am now fortunate enough to do with her is truly a "gift" to me. I love helping other people uncover their true potential! Even if I wasn't lucky enough to be able to work with Sue's clients I would still refer people to her site. I did refer them to her site - from my 4 week measurements on!!!

But do I want to be "that girl"? The one in the ads telling you that the solution is in this product or that product? The answer is "no". I do not take anything but a multivitamin, glutamine, flax seed oil and whey protein. That's it. I will not allow a company to use my image to "sell" their product - one that I don't even use! This company has a protein supplement - that is what I received from them in February. It's tasty - easy to digest. I may allow them to use me in those ads - may. I'm undecided.

I have a session booked with a photographer in 2 weeks. I've always wanted professional pics, who doesn't want a great black and white of themself? Plus it would be nice to have a professional pic for Sue's next web update, as well as my blog here. So I'll keep the appointment with the photographer. AND it will be the excuse I need to justify another professional mani/pedi - nails always look so much better when done by someone else - yet I just can't justify the cost/time involved with out an "event" - LOL.

I may be practical to a "fault".

And I'll still answer the phone when it rings on Thursday. But I want final approval on what they print. No "twisting" of my words will be allowed. No misrepresentation will be tolerated. Or there will not be an interview.

My motivation comes from helping others achieve their true potential! I look forward to each and every email. A chance to say a sincere kind word to others at the gym. If I EVER thought that I was instilling a false sense of hope or misleading someone........

I wouldn't be being true to myself.

“I've learned to trust myself, to listen to truth, to not be afraid of it and to not try and hide it.”
Sarah McLachlan

1 Comments:

  • I think you have hit the nail right on the head there Michelle! Its great to hear someone believe in what they do and actually stand up for it - looking forward to seeing your professional pics!!

    Mel.
    x

    By Blogger Mel, at 2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home