Weird But True

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Haircut Check

Well yesterday was haircut/color - more realistic statement is trim, and color. I had quite a bit of "golden" in the old hair color which with the new skin color made me just look yellow. She tells me this is more "neutral" and "natural" but my gosh it seems dark. Dark always lifts a bit the first couple of washes - so we'll see how it goes.

Luckily August 7th is still a week away - I can always sneak back in for a "tune up" if necessary. XBF says he likes it - but then we all know he's been trained in "niceness".

Speaking of "nice" this one deserves "NOICE" spelling. Again - I've been living under a rock apparently. I rad a LOT as you all may have noticed. I usually find the boook I want to read on Amazon or soem comparable site - buy it used and resell it when I'm done. So far it's been working out pretty well - and at most I've lost a couple of dollars which, to me, has seemed totally worth it.

A Dr. that I work with suggested that I go to the public library. C'mon - I'm not in school - who has time for these things - searching, sorting and everything is outdated - right?

WRONG! You go, get a card and a "pin" number. Then you can access THE ENTIRE NETWORK'S data base ONLINE! Who knew? Certainly not me!

I create a "request" list - up to 50 books! They have them shipped to the branch closest to me - I pick them up and return them with I'm done.

AND they have CD's, DVD's, and VHS - but who still borrows those? Sure - the first 3 titles I searched fro weren't in the data base - so I went back to Amazon anyway. But C'mon - how easy is it for me to check this out? I'm so very excited!

AND if I ever get motivated to actually do "research" on say geneology or where old friends disappeared to, by linking to the library site I can access all sorts of research sites directly - without paying all the fees that you noramlly would have to pay online!

So the next snow storm.....maybe........

But right now it's summer! And that's my season - so we'll save "research" for another day!







3 Comments:

  • Hi Michelle
    Thought I'd pop in and say hi and catch up on your posts. It is so hard to believe you used to be bigger. I couldn't believe the picture you posted a while back where you had a big butt! You have done so well for yourself, you are such a motivated person.
    Take Care
    Di

    By Blogger Di Broeren, at 2:06 AM  

  • Hey! I have been checking out your blog for a while now, found you through Sue. I always enjoy reading your very entertaining and funny blog. Your life seems to be very amusing and interesting, I love how you are so full of life and fun. Thanks for the entertainment, it brightens my day at times!!!!!! Have a great weekend

    By Blogger Jehanne, at 4:06 AM  

  • Do we get to see a piccy of the new "do"? Sorry I haven't checked in for a while but always love seeing what you are up to :)

    By Blogger Rachel, at 7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home