Weird But True

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Part 2......

So I hand my "cookies" to poor "Dapper" who looks as if I just handed my arm or something! He kinda jumps - and a "cookie" bounces on the floor. They are quickly picked up and tossed to another server - who also holds them as if it's a beating heart, and she rushes back in towards the restuarant - to presumably put them in my coat.

No one knows what to say, lots of "What the Hell" and "Where did those come from" going on, LOL! This was back when "cookies" first came on the market. I had to mail order them. The latest technology!

So there I am - sitting in the back hall of a mall - gasping for air. I'm red, wheezing, wearing a white tank top, orange shorts, stockings, socks, and sneakers - keep this in mind. Surround by no less then 4 concerned girls wearing the same outfit, 2 cooks, and 2 managers. Lord only knows how long the ticket times were right then - no one seemed to be working.

Thank God the EMT was able to separate the "visual" in front of him. They promptly scoop me up, put me on stretcher and the oxygen mask goes on. They start doing whatever it is they do, I'm sitting upright on the stretcher, and they wheel me out.

Of the side door. Into the FOOD COURT at a VERY busy mall. Wonderful!Dismay
But I don't care - I just want to be fixed. Off I go - rushed to the ER.

Now - if you should ever be around when something like this happens - do the victim a favor - hand her some clothes! I was rushed out of work and shipped to the Hospital wearing ONLY the above mentioned outfit. Only.

No keys.
No I.D.
No car.
No $$$.
No coat.
No ride home.

Nothing!

So I get to Hospital and all the proper things are done and I can breathe again - YIPPEE! PLENTY of attention from all those working - no doubt they still tell this story too! I'm sitting there being monitored, when this dawns on me...... How will get home? Where are my clothes? What do I do now? My husband was at work - as a guard in a JAIL! You can't reach him by phone!

I hit the "nurse" button - everybody panics - I'm like "It's O.K. - I'm O.K. I just need to use a phone or something".

And at that moment in walks my Husband - one of the few times I am still truly greatful he was around! The EMT knew me from the restaurant - he called the Jail - and the rest.......Thumbs Up

THE ENDToo Funny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home