Weird But True

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mmmmmm.......

Sometimes food just tastes better than others - doesn't it? This week the celery and radishes around here are DELICIOUS - at least to me they are! I am going through SO many of them!

And my salad right now tastes especially wonderful - as it is post leg training - and somehow whatever you eat after an AMAZING workout always taste SO very good!

Stronger AGAIN today - sheer craziness! Seeming every time I leave a weight lifting session and compare my notes I've gone up in something! I am really on a roll! All without t.p.:( He hasn't joined me at the gym since before the pics - and that was 8 weeks ago now! Mostly he's been out of town - sometimes just plain laziness - regardless - all these p.b.'s are due to good eats, rest and my MP3 player - LOL! A special thanks to the Smith machine - which is serving as my spotter on the nasty stuff these days:)

I had a nice little surprise at work yesterday - we've had some turn over in our location and the new batch of folks there are making the daily battles a little easier to get through. We all seem to get along surprisingly well - which is a very nice change of pace. Anyway - when I went to work I was greeted with some carnations and a large granny smith apple - the apple is one of my standard snacks while I am work. When I asked why I was receiving gifts -they said it was for Mother's day of all things. Seems that I am one of the few without kids in our location - yet they all agree that I am the one who tends to act the most Motherly out of the group! LOL - maybe that's why I have no interest in having children - I'm too busy trying to take care of everyone around me:)

So Happy Mother's Day to all of the other nurturing folks in the world! And I leave with with a bit of trivia....

Did you know.....

WHY DO WOMEN CRAVE CHOCOLATE DURING THEIR PERIOD?
There has been speculation that chocolate cravings are related to a magnesium deficiency, and some believe that carbohydrate consumption is a form of self-medication for depression. However, no strong evidence has been found to link food cravings and the menstrual cycle. In fact, studies have found that volunteers on liquid diets that provided plenty of calories and all the essential vitamins and minerals still desired certain foods. This suggests that these cravings are more about a psychological need than a nutritional one.

2 Comments:

  • Sounds like your training is going into high gear Michelle, LOVE feeling and strong and upping the weights each time!

    How lovely that you got flowers and an apple for Mothers Day. I waited all day for my cat and dogs to give me my flowers, but I think they forgot... :)

    Hilary xx

    By Blogger Miss Positive, at 5:10 PM  

  • Radishes! Paul eats those darn things then ends up doing these evil, evil radish burps. They are nasty!! Only just beaten by pickled onion burps (he's not allowed those now).
    LOL!
    Carolyn

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home