Weird But True

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thinking of friends........

Another beautiful day on tap for CNY - YIPPEE!!!!!!

While my day started a little - shocking - it has turned into a very nice morning! The shocking part wasn't really so bad....when I sat down at my computer this morning I was greeted my a large grasshopper sitting on my monitor!

Not what you want to see at 6 a.m.! But after a little yelp he was shooed out the window - and all is well again:)

Anyway, thinking of one friend who is in Toronto this week and missing all this GORGEOUS weather - I'll be sure to enjoy it for her:)

Another friend who is going through some struggles - rough time of year for her with Mother's day and all......I shot you an email last night......I hope to hear from you soon sweetie!!!!

And another who got a bit of bad news - well - not necessarily bad but disappointing for her. I bought lillies at the store this morning and have already put on my new watch while thinking of you:):):)

Steve is preparing for his first triathlon of the season this weekend - you are one adventurous, aka crazy, man my friend!!!! Swim strong!!!!!!!

And while thinking of Steve at the gym I saw a sign for the annual Swamp Rat Run...this is the marathon that my gym buddy Yank has run in for 2 years in a row now! Hmmmmmm - why hasn't I seen Yank at the gym lately..........

Anyway - I better gather my thoughts and get ready to go to work:) I'll leave you all with something to think about.......

Did you know.......

gossypiboma (gaws-i-puh-boh-muh) (n.) The technical term for a retained surgical sponge (which means a doctor forgot to remove it before he sewed you up). Derived from the Latin gossypion (cotton) and the Swahili boma (place of concealment).

Hopefully this doesn’t happen, but if it does, you may find out only when the patient develops local inflammation. It can lead to an infection or an abscess. Bottom line is that you have to go back and get it out.

WHY do they have a term for this?!! Just how often does it happen?!

1 Comments:

  • Thanks, chica! I'm amped up and ready to go!!! See you on the flip side with full details. :)

    By Blogger t, at 9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home