Weird But True

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Taking a big risk.......

With summer quickly approaching here - YIPPEE - friends and coworkers are starting to question how they can lose 30 pounds in 30 days and go from "Stay Puff Marshmallow Man" to "Solo flex guy" before June. (Psssttttttt....you can't - LOL)

They of course think that they will be the ones to prove science wrong and jump in head first only to be so sore and exhausted that they can't lift a pencil come Monday.

And these conversations eventually get around to what I eat in a day - way more than you'd believe:) - and then they ask why I don't eat tuna.

Now - some of you guys have known me long enough to know this answer, comes in a can - like cat food, looks like cat food......smells like cat food......therefore.........

And usually once a year I will break down and try to stomach some again - only to insist that I am still tasting and smelling it for three days after it is gone.

So - a co worker hired a trainer, and got herself a nutritional program and swears that this is her year. She seems sincere, and I/we get along/mesh well, and she thought all this out and has realistic goals etc. So while she knows she won't lose 30 pounds in 30 days - she is trying and making an effort.

Eating to her plan is easy for her - she doesn't like to work out. Sheer craziness I know - who doesn't like wincing everytime you sit down after a great legs session:)

So she knows my tuna stance, she also knows that I enjoy other seafood - including lump crab that I have purchased in a can though I prefer the pouch in the refrigerated section:)

And she brings me a present. One package of Starkist sweet and spicy tuna - in a pouch - no can. She promises to actually meet with her trainer this week for all of her sessions and if she does - I eat the tuna.

Oh dear God - this is not nice. I never wish that someone would not live their dream - and achieve their goals - but tuna?!

I get to pick the day and the meal. Monday is no training day for me - so any tuna burps will not be had while running, or climbing, or grunting or.........

And I don't work the real job - so I can suffer alone and in private.

She went to her sessions. She's sore. I'm doomed.

So I get to Meal 5 this evening - calorie king says I have to make this one on the light side - had a big lunch - what does it expect after leg day:)

I make my salad.......

I read the label.......

Yup - this would keep me in my target range. Crap. No excuses - now or never - get her on the phone.

I call - to share the moment - she laughs...I open the pouch.....it doesn't stink!

I measure my portion......

I place this on top of my perfectly good organic veggie salad with a freshly made vinaigrette. I'll be really annoyed if I just ruined this beautiful salad with this cat food.....

I mix it all in - don't want to look at it.......

I take a bite......

it's not bad! I must have missed the tuna. Try again.......
Still yummy! I fish - no pun intended..out a chunk of tuna. Alone.......I place it in my mouth........I chew.......I swallow.......

What do you know - so far so good!

So I ate it. And while it's too soon to be certain - I may just enjoy this...........

I'll let you know how my night goes........

Check back tomorrow.........

2 Comments:

  • LOL Michelle! I think tuna tastes and smells like cat food too, and the only one I can stomach is the sweet chilli flavoured one.

    Good to see you're giving it another go, hopefully you're not tasting it all night!

    Hilary xx

    By Blogger Miss Positive, at 5:28 AM  

  • ha ha ha funny, I can totally relate,I dont like seafood full stop. Great post

    By Blogger Nat, at 2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home