Weird But True

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Few would understand this......

So the day after leg training I spend most of my time stretching. I'll be on the phone with a leg tossed up on a counter or shelf - no big deal.

Last week while making the week's worth of pancakes I had my leg on the kitchen counter doing just that.

I use a metal spatula for flipping. Bad for my pans I know - but good for catching the edge of the pancake and flipping it without breaking it:)

In a weird act of "fate", the spatula catches on the edge of the pan, slides across, flips end over end and lands.......

Directly on the arch of my foot. The metal part. The HOT metal part.

I immediately blistered!

I iced, put on the topical antibiotic stuff and covered with a bandage for 3 days......

Still didn't pop!

So I finally got annoyed and popped it myself.

Note to self - cook pancakes before leg day this weekend:)

So I started shopping for a new piece of Heaven - and I think I found one right down the road. I'll finalize paperwork this weekend and should know the first part of next week.

YIPPEE! They were actually my first choice when I moved out before - but they didn't have anything available. So as they say - when the time is right....

everything happens for a reason.

2 Comments:

  • OUCH!!!! Also congrats on the new place - can't wait to hear all about it

    By Blogger Rachel, at 8:52 AM  

  • So I notice you didn't blog on the 13th and you haven't told us what you did.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, You have not been forgotten, I'm just a bit slack, watch the mail soon.
    Kerry.

    P.s congats on heaven #2

    By Blogger Kerry, at 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home