Weird But True

Monday, July 09, 2007

Is anyone else having trouble attaching titles here in Blogger land? Second post in a row that this won't let me add a title - weird.......

Anyway there's a new guy in the neighborhood - he seems to like to linger in the courtyard a bit for my liking.......always near my window - waking up to him, on guard when I go outside......I am REALLY trying not to upset him. In fact - I don't even want him to notice me.

Why you ask? I don't really care for his "type". And I find his "cologne" to be a bit offensive.

"He" is a skunk! Yeah -not the best thing to have living nearby - let me tell you! The past week I have woken up to his "presence" if you will. It's been cool enough at night to turn off the a/c and let the fresh air in. If only it where fresh - LOL!

It's now 97 and VERY humid - definitely not the best day for horseback riding so probably best it was post poned. But when I went out to my car last night - there he was! Just sitting there - right near my door! I certainly didn't want to get sprayed - and I didn't want my car to get sprayed. I was scared to move. Once he wandered off a few feet I snuck into my car - but then was terrified to start it! I probably sat in my car for a good five minutes - just to be sure he was gone!

Such is the excitement here:)

Fabulous weekend it was. Great weather - amazing training, lots of fresh veggies so terrific eats. My precious gauntlet is busted - they say I broke them both - LOL - so I have been forced back to the treadmill. Great to see that my endurance/speed has increased after all of my stir running - but boy do I HATE the whole jog/run thing!

SOme folks have a "need" to run - I prefer to climb!

3 Comments:

  • Thank god we don't have skunks here! Those little creatures stink. It was one of the worst things I have ever smelt.

    By Blogger jodie, at 7:06 AM  

  • I cant even imagine what skunks must smell like - pretty horrible huh?

    Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend, despite breaking Gaunlets!!! LOL!

    Hilary xx

    By Blogger Miss Positive, at 5:39 PM  

  • This bloke sounds really awful so stay on guard.
    Sue and I tried the gauntlet at last years' phat camp. I came quickly off and Sue jumped quickly off before it threw her off too.
    Beats me how you can love a beast like that.
    Kerry

    By Blogger Kerry, at 11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home