Weird But True

Monday, July 16, 2007

Not that simple......

Well - I thought I would have everything decided on by now - as far as the future living arrangements go that is. But - things are not that simple.

Seems Heaven part 2 won't be available until 10/15. That's 2 weeks later than I was looking for. Ideally I was hoping for a move in around 9/15 - that way I wouldn't be rushed - and could have everything organized before the final transfer. Details like unpacking, cleaning, phone, internet and such.

So I tried to extend Heaven part 1 for an additional month. BUT management here is on vacation until 7/23. So I have a week of "limbo" if you will.

Hoping nobody signs Heaven Part 2 before I have a decision here.

And that prompted some serious thinking. Heaven part 1 is only increasing by $20 a month. $5 a week. Really - is it THAT much? Couldn't I give up cable again? I don't watch that much t.v. Or keep cable and the DVR - I admit I like this DVR thing - and give up the movie rentals. Or any number of seemingly small indulgences - like having my favorite flavor of tea delivered because my local store stopped carrying it - that all add up. I mean really $5 a week isn't really enough to move over.

Heaven part 2 is a one bedroom - although a VERY large one - still a one bedroom. On ground level. Heaven part 1 is top floor - total privacy - large 2 bedroom.

Heaven part 2 would actually be $100 LESS per month than what I am paying for part one right now. So the fact that I would be SAVING $$ for a large, safe, clean, convenient, friendly place is why I still have to try for it.

But Heaven part 1 would still be affordable - so if I don't get part 2 - then the time was not right - yet:)

Because after looking at other options in the area - in the same price market - I am convinced that I will live in one of these two places - just a matter of what "fate" has in store for me right now.

In other news......

My gosh - I don't think I have been THIS sore in recent memory! My tri's still hurt and I trained them 48 hours ago! It hurt to steer my car today! But I confess with this apartment stuff on my mind - I have not had the best sleep this weekend - so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

And yes Kerry - you are correct - Friday was was the day. It was a day filled with some realizations about those close to me, some good, some bad, but all real. So not too much to tell.

But to those of you out there - thanks for thinking of me!!!:)

And since it's been awhile.........

We tried this at work - and it seems to be working! Give it a go!

Watch seedlings grow roots. For a great science experiment for children, grow seeds in Jell-O and observe the root structures. (Before planting the seeds in Jell-O, sprout the seeds. Cut a three inch strip from a sheet of Bounty Paper Towel, dampen, and lay it on top of a strip of Saran Wrap. Place the seeds on top of the paper towel at the intervals recommended on the seed packet. Cover with another strip of damp Bounty Paper Towel, then roll the paper and plastic together, place in a Ziploc Storage Bag, and store in a warm place. When the roots begin to sprout, plant the seeds in a clear cup or glass filled with Jell-O.)

1 Comments:

  • Don't get rid of the DVR!!! :)

    By Blogger t, at 11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home