Weird But True

Monday, July 23, 2007

Summertime......

And the green beans are DELICIOUS! Mmmmmmmmmmmm - I love this time of year! All I even want to eat is light and fresh - fish, egg whites and veggies! Yummy!!!

Definitely will be moving - I signed a lease for the smaller, and more affordable, place last week. Just waiting on the move day now - either September 15 or October 15. The apartment I REALLY want is not available until October - but my lease here is up October first - so waiting to see if they'll let me stay an extra month. Either way - I'm leaving - and excited!

Folks keep asking if I'm sure - and yes I am! Yeah - I'll be on the ground level vs third floor - but that means no stairs after leg day:) And the patio I have here that everyone keeps pointing out I'll be giving up - haven't sat on it once! Feel like I'm on display for all to see - so why bother?

As for the trees folks worry about me leaving behind - they're pretty in the fall when they turn - but I'm ALLERGIC to them! So I'll be saving on allergy medicine - LOL! And tissues! And aspirin due to no sinus headaches and stairs:)

And the lighting that was so great when I looked at this place - well I originally moved in January - no leaves - lots of light. 9 months out of the year it's like a dungeon in here! Always grey - no light! So I'll be saving on the electric bill!

And the water here is "hard". So I have to buy special detergent for both dishes and laundry, cleaners for the bathroom and filter all of my water! Not to mention the hot water heat leaves a film on my furniture and electronics that I am constantly cleaning! AND it causes my hair color to fade that much quicker! The new place is around the corner from where I lived years ago - and unless something happened to their system/supply - their water is fine. So even MORE money saved!

AND the new place has tennis courts, a gym, basketball, and a pool. This place just has a pool. Not that I'll use any of the other stuff - but if it draws more active folks to rent there - maybe I'll make some new "playmates" in the process:)

All in all - a very good decision! And yes - the DVR stays:) If anything goes it will be the Blockbuster subscription, as I rent mostly documentaries and Sundance films - and guess what comes with cable.........

Good news everywhere:)

3 Comments:

  • Yeah, yeah...you just want to lay out by the pool and show off. ;-) Congrats on the decision and good luck! You'll keep the DVR, right???? :)

    By Blogger t, at 11:10 PM  

  • Sounds like the perfect decision all round! So exciting moving house, bet you cant wait. And what a great workout you'll get on moving weekend!

    Hilary xx

    By Blogger Miss Positive, at 5:36 PM  

  • don't forget to send me your new address.
    Kerry

    By Blogger Kerry, at 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home